|1||Buildings On Fire||3:36|
Lyrics By – H. Ball
|3||Crosseyed And Painless||7:05|
|4||Take Me To The River||6:43|
|9||Houses In Motion||7:00|
|10||Life During Wartime||5:03|
|11||The Great Curve||6:58|
|12||Don't Worry About The Government||3:08|
|14||Memories (Can't Wait)||3:58|
|16||A Clean Break||4:57|
|2SR 3590||Talking Heads||The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2xLP, Album)||Sire||2SR 3590||US||1982|
|S 96.031 / S 90.556, S 96.031 / S 90.557||Talking Heads||The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2xLP, Album)||Sire, Sire||S 96.031 / S 90.556, S 96.031 / S 90.557||Spain||1982|
|SRK 3590||Talking Heads||The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2xLP, Album)||Sire||SRK 3590||Italy||1982|
|8122-76489-2||Talking Heads||The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Sire, Warner Strategic Marketing, Rhino Records||8122-76489-2||Argentina||2004|
|2SR 3590, 9 23590-1||Talking Heads||The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2xLP, Album)||Sire, Sire||2SR 3590, 9 23590-1||US||1982|
- Arranged By – Brian Eno (tracks: C3, D1, D2), David Byrne (tracks: C3, D1, D2)
- Backing Vocals – Adrian Belew (tracks: C1, C2, C4 to D3), Bernie Worrell (tracks: D1), Dolette McDonald (tracks: C1, C2, C4, D2, D3), Nona Hendryx (tracks: C4, D1, D3), Tina Weymouth (tracks: C3, D2)
- Bass – Busta Jones (tracks: C1 to C3, D1 to D3), Tina Weymouth (tracks: A1 to B5, C4, D1, D3)
- Coordinator [Coordination] – Gloria Robinson
- Coordinator [Road Crew 1979] – Ace Penna (tracks: B1 to B5)
- Design – M&co.
- Drums – Chris Frantz
- Engineer [Assistant Record Plant Truck] – Brian Eno (tracks: B1 to B5)
- Engineer [Record Plant Truck] – Dave Hewett (tracks: B1 to D3), Kooster McAllister (tracks: C1 to D3), Rod O'Brian (tracks: B1 to D3)
- Guitar – Adrian Belew (tracks: C1 to D3), Busta Jones (tracks: C4), David Byrne (tracks: A1 to C1), Jerry Harrison (tracks: A1 to C1, C3, D2), Tina Weymouth (tracks: C1)
- Keyboards [Clavinet] – Bernie Worrell (tracks: C1 to D3)
- Lead Vocals – David Byrne
- Management – Gary Kurfirst
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – Butch Jones (tracks: B1 to D3), Ed Stasium (tracks: A1 to A5), Talking Heads (tracks: B1 to D3)
- Percussion – Dolette McDonald (tracks: C3), Steve Scales (tracks: C1 to D3), Tina Weymouth (tracks: C3)
- Photography By – Beverly Price, Charlie Clough, Donna Santisi, Ebet Roberts, Gary Kurfirst, Hugh Brown , Jimmy Desana, K.P. Schleinitz, Marcia Resnick, Mark Price, Mark Weiss , Melissa Hill, Paul McAlpine, Robert Grossman, Tom Ligamari
- Photography By [Cover] – John Dalton , Lynn Goldsmith
- Producer – Talking Heads
- Recorded By – Katshuiko Sato
- Synthesizer – Jerry Harrison (tracks: C2, C4 to D3), Tina Weymouth (tracks: C2, C4 to D3)
- Technician [Road Crew 1977] – Gary Scovil (tracks: A1 to A5), Jeff Jones (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Technician [Road Crew 1979] – Frank Gallagher (tracks: B1 to B5)
- Technician [Road Crew 1980-81] – Clive Brinkworth (tracks: C1 to D3), Frank Gallagher (tracks: C1 to D3), Jeff Shaw (tracks: C1 to D3)
- Written-By – Al Green (tracks: D3), Brian Eno (tracks: C1, C3, D1, D2), Chris Frantz (tracks: A5, B2, D1, D2), David Byrne (tracks: A1 to A5, B1 to B5, C1 to C4, D1), Jerry Harrison (tracks: C3), M. Hodges (tracks: D3), Tina Weymouth (tracks: A5, C3, D1, D2), Wayne Zieve (tracks: B1)
This edition differs from The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads by it's labels:
Record 1 has the standard late 80s European labels with GEMA/Biem and Category SIR 66 112.
Record 2 has the Labels that were intended for the UK market, with British publishing credits and Category SRK. 23590.
It is yet not clear, if:
- the release was intended as such, or
- if record 2 was just mislabeled or
- if owners just have mixed-up versions.
- Rights Society: GEMA/Biem
- Label Code: LC 3228
- Price Code (France): WE322
- Price Code (Germany): Ⓞ
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company
- Copyright (c) – Talking Heads Tours Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sire Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Made By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Printed By – Druckhaus Maack KG
- Manufactured By – Record Service GmbH
- Distributed By – WEA Records SA / NV
- Distributed By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – WEA Filipacchi Music
- Distributed By – WEA Italiana S.p.A.
- Distributed By – WEA Musik Ges.m.b.H.
- Distributed By – WEA Records B.V.
- Distributed By – WEA Metronome Records AB
- Lacquer Cut At – Strawberry Mastering
- Recorded At – Record Plant Mobile Studio
- Recorded At – Emerald City
- Recorded At – Great Northern Studio
- Recorded At – Capitol Theatre, New Jersey
- Recorded At – Central Park, New York
- Recorded At – Nakano Sun Plaza
- Mixed At – Blank Tape Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads is a double live album by American new wave band Talking Heads, originally released in 1982. The first LP featured the original quartet in recordings from 1977 and 1979, and the second LP featured the expanded ten-piece lineup that toured in 1980 and 1981. The album contains live versions of songs that appear on their first four studio albums: Talking Heads: 77, More Songs About Buildings and Food, Fear of Music, and Remain in Light. Формируйте собственную коллекция коллекцию записей Talking Heads: все альбомы, включая Thank You For Sending Me An Angel , Electric Guitar , Still Don't Make No Sense и другие. Although most people probably think the only Talking Heads live release is Stop Making Sense, the fact is that there's an earlier, better live album called The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads. Originally released in 1982 on LP and cassette, the album chronicles the growth of the band, both stylistically and personnel-wise. Talking Heads - New Feeling. Talking Heads - A Clean Break Let's Work. Talking Heads - Don't Worry About The Government. Talking Heads - Pulled Up. Talking Heads were a new wave band which formed in 1974 in New York City, New York, United States. The band originally consisted of David Byrne vocals, guitar, Tina Weymouth bass and Chris Frantz drums, who had met while attending the Rhode Island School of Design. The band added Jerry Harrison keyboards & guitar in early 1977. The band released eight studio albums before disbanding in 1991. Talking Heads were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002. Talking Heads first appeared on the New York music scene as a trio in 1974. At the time, the band consisted o read more. Never before issued on CD, Rhino expands Talking Heads' classic 1982 live document to two discs- the second of which captures the 1980-81 Remain in Light tour, which saw the band fleshed out to 10 members. The liner notes to the long-awaited CD debut of Talking Heads' 1982 live release, The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads, recommends other albums by the New York four-piece. The list includes each of the band's studio albums, plus Rhino's four-disc box set Once in a Lifetime perhaps conspicuous in its absence is that other live Talking Heads album, the far more popular and legendary Stop Making Sense. Talking Heads. Released March 24, 1982. The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads Tracklist. This 1982 live double-album contains recordings from two separate periods in the bands history: the first disc covers sessions from 1977-79 and features the bands original lineup while the second disc covers sessions from 1980-81 featuring an expanded, 10-piece lineup. The albums title references the common tendency of fans and the media to cite them as The Talking Heads when the bands name lacks a definite article and is properly written as Talking Heads. The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads Q&A. The title of the album is both the group's response to the general public's constant and incorrect reference to the band as The Talking Heads, and love Talking Heads, and the content of this album set is exceptional 5 STARS for the Talking Heads averaged with 1 STAR for the record company. Read more. Talking Heads were a fantastic live band as I already knew from Stop Making Sense my 2nd all time favourite LP so I expected big things and I wasn't disappointed. The recordings sound a lot more stripped back and direct than their studio versions or Stop Making Sense and perhaps have more excitement and energy because of it
Performer: Talking Heads
Title: The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads
Release date: 1982
Style: New Wave, Art Rock, Funk
Catalog: SIR K 66 112, SIR 66112, 2SRK 3590
Size MP3: 1482 mb
Rating: 4.6 / 5
Record source: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album